Former Gateway Chief Executive Rick Snyder has won the Michigan Republican primary for governor, the AP reports. Mr. Snyder defeated Representative Pete Hoekstra and state Attorney General Mike Cox in the five-way GOP race.
On the Democratic side, Michigan's Virg Bernero captured his party's nomination for governor, the AP reports. Mr. Bernero, the Lansing mayor, defeated State House Speaker Andy Dillon in the primary.
Mr. Snyder's victory comes as a surprise, and with the state facing one of the country's highest unemployment rates, the Republican is likely to be front-funner.
Today's race to succeed term limited Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm.
Addtionally the Michigan Democratic Representative Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick was defeated by state Sen. Hansen Clarke, AP reports. Ms. Kilpatrick was plagued by political difficulties because of her defense of her son, former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.
Posted by hot armistice trends On Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Labels: click on detroit, election results, michigan elections 2010, michigan primary results, missouri election results
- Egg recall spreads fear and concerns regarding foo...
- T-Mobile Plays Hide-and-Seek With G2 Smartphone
- 19th amendment anniversary: Politicians celebrate
- Kanye West's 'Power' Video Mixes The Spiritual Wit...
- Johnny Knoxville & co return in the 'Jackass 3D' t...
- Jersey Shore Season 2 Episode 2: Top 5 most outrag...
- Human Centipede Crawls Home
- Taylor Swift Mine New Single Released Lyrics
- Prop 8 Overturned: Celebs React via Twitter
- Taylor Jacobson – Rachel Zoe Samples Accusation is...
- Michigan Election Results
- Bad Girls Club’ Season 5 Premieres Tonight
- Barclays Capital Credit Analysts Upgrade Bank Sect...
- Northern Lights may become visible over Idaho toni...
- Kyan Douglas Pictures and Bio
- Blackhawks' Niemi shown the door; Marty Turco and ...
- ▼ August (16)
Powered by Blogger.