The Democratic National Committee is celebrating with an opinion piece in Politico tying the match recent legislative performance at the historic victory for women. And union affiliated group Healthy Workplace is to use the opportunity to Meg Whitman, the Republican candidate in California governor's attack. Check out this press release headline: "A Celebration of the voting rights of women and a protest from Meg Whitman whose voting record dishonors that tradition." (Whitman did not vote on large parts of her career. She was registered to vote in the 1980's, in contrast to a report saying that they did not register until 2002.)
On her Facebook page, Sarah Palin took the opportunity to make some new entries from female candidates to announce.
There are also a number of non-political events across the country to celebrate.
As the 14th amendment has come into question, it is also interesting to note that suffragettes were torn on whether the voting rights for black men to support.
Posted by hot armistice trends On Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Labels: celebrating 90 years since the ratification of the 19th amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote
- Egg recall spreads fear and concerns regarding foo...
- T-Mobile Plays Hide-and-Seek With G2 Smartphone
- 19th amendment anniversary: Politicians celebrate
- Kanye West's 'Power' Video Mixes The Spiritual Wit...
- Johnny Knoxville & co return in the 'Jackass 3D' t...
- Jersey Shore Season 2 Episode 2: Top 5 most outrag...
- Human Centipede Crawls Home
- Taylor Swift Mine New Single Released Lyrics
- Prop 8 Overturned: Celebs React via Twitter
- Taylor Jacobson – Rachel Zoe Samples Accusation is...
- Michigan Election Results
- Bad Girls Club’ Season 5 Premieres Tonight
- Barclays Capital Credit Analysts Upgrade Bank Sect...
- Northern Lights may become visible over Idaho toni...
- Kyan Douglas Pictures and Bio
- Blackhawks' Niemi shown the door; Marty Turco and ...
- ▼ August (16)
Powered by Blogger.