While there likely to compromise More Than a prospect in a deal - SEVERAL reports say second baseman David Adams working and right-hander Zach McAllister Will be included - the Montero is legitimate, big-time prospect who Would be the key to making Any deal done with the Yankees.
For a team crying out for big-time power, it's not hard to understand why the M's would jump on Montero. He is a big 6-foot-4, 225-pound catcher, though some feel he will eventually end up as first baseman.
For the Mariners, what matters most is the big bat and if Montero is as good as expected by Baseball America, who judged the fourth best prospect in baseball coming into this season behind the impressive trio of Jason Heyward, Steven Strasburg and Mike Stanton. all making big waves all-league.
Montero is not there yet. He is currently in Triple-A ball this season and still adjust to that level, hitting .253 with six homeruns and 35 RBIs in 77 games. That alone will raise some eyebrows, abstain, but the boy was 20.
He came to the Yankees in 2006 as an international undersigned from Venezuela and has big-time power in 2008 in Class A ball made from the AA All-Star team last year before breaking his finger and is now working its way up the ladder again.
Montero is a sure-fire prospect? There is no such thing. But for a franchise desperate for offensive help and looking for a legitimate return for Lee to get, he is as good as it's going to get.
Who cry about getting unproven prospects for one of the best baseball pitchers need to understand that Lee is a free agent at the end of the season and therefore only three months of the remaining value.
The Mariners got himself three perspectives on the Phillies get to Lee prior to this season and none of the small-mat - pitchers Philippe Aumont and JC Ramirez and outfielder Tyson Gillies - are anywhere near Montero in terms of expected potential.
What Adams, he is a 23-year-old second baseman in Double-A ball at the moment, hitting .309 for Trenton. He was a third round draft choice for the Yankees in 2008 and perhaps a potential, but obviously the key to this deal would Montero.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports is reporting that Triple-A pitcher Zach McAllister, a 22-year-old with a 7-5 record and 4.45 ERA in 17 starts this season, is third prospect in the deal is to Seattle.
And now we will just have to wait and see whether it happens or if the Mariners hope someone else jumps in with a better offer at the last minute.
Posted by hot armistice trends On Friday, July 9, 2010
- Grover Cleveland Alexander tournament – Seniors wi...
- On John Bolz, John Carroll, Perez Hilton, blogging...
- Suzette Snider And David Daniel "Dee" Snider
- PRETTY LITTLE LIARS Episode 8 “Please, Do Talk Abo...
- Awkward Family Photos Blog Website
- Alexis Cohen’s Killer Being Indicted on Four Count...
- Carrie Underwood’s Wedding Venue ‘On Lockdown’Carr...
- Las Tablas Panama
- Stephen Colletti Lauren Conrad Ready for Hills Fin...
- Woman accused of shoplifting from Target turns her...
- Jayson Werth Terrorizes Father & Son Combo Who Cau...
- So who is Jesus Montero?
- Aviat Networks Cuts 4Q Revenue Target; New CEO Pla...
- Yankees in Talks to Acquire Cliff Lee
- ONFIRMED: Charlie Murphy Wife Died
- Clear Your Debts
- Courtney Fuhrmann and Damon Evans Arrested at Buck...
- zbynek michalek
- ▼ July (18)
Powered by Blogger.